It is important to note that a contract employee MUST not be involved in acts of omission inconsistent with the academy’s conditions of service and code of conduct.
1. Your employment is on a contract basis.
2. Your employment relationship may be terminated by either party giving at least two weeks notice or pay 2 weeks in lieu (for tutors with only one client). For those with two or more clients, your employment relationship may be terminated by either party giving at least one month notice or pay one month in lieu.
3. You are expected to be with your designated family, at least 10mins before the appointed time. Any need for lateness must be communicated to the Director at least 2hours before and the client.
4. Trainings will be organized regularly and must be well attended.
5. Payment will only be made at the completion of expected days and when Feedback form and Tutor’s Schedule is duly completed and submitted.
6. Payment plan per family varies. Hence, your payment will be stated by the academy. You have a right to decline an offer and wait for another.
7. The feedback form provided for each family should be well filled and left with the family after each session. It should be picked up at month end and presented to the academy without which your payment will not be made.
8. Tutors are not allowed to attend to visitors or interact with parents unnecessarily during lessons.
9. The Academy can re-assign you to another family without prior notice.
10. Tutors may use their phone sparingly during lessons and must maintain low voice.
11. Absence without at least 2 days prior notification is not allowed and won’t be paid for. Days missed must be substituted at the Academy’s reschedule with parents. In repeated manner, such a tutor may be dismissed from the academy.
12. Repeated absenteeism from work without authorization shall attract a debit of #1,000.00 (one thousand naira only), written query and/or termination of appointment.
13. Dress code: Smart native, business casual and a pair of shoes (No flip flop)
14. Eating of cooked food and light snacks during lesson is not allowed, except for water and fizzy drinks (no alcoholic drink)
15. Tutors are expected to research and prepare ahead for their lessons, adhering to the plans and objectives given by the academy. The director must be notified before altering any plan.
16. Reports must be given regularly based on the child (ren)’s performance to the Director.
17. Tutors must speak with the Director about any challenge first before communicating with the parents.
18. No cash payment/ cheques must be received on behalf of the academy. Defaulters will be penalized.
19. Only green and black pen, biro must be used to write/mark the children’s work.
20. No tutor is allowed to spank children or impose any form of corporal punishment such as asking the child to kneel down etc. Defaulters will be terminated immediately and/or with #5,000.00 fine.
21. Tutors should be creative and use flash cards as required (applied to Nursery and lower primary).
22. Tutors are not allowed to discuss payment schedule with parents.
23. Abusive language must not be used on the children.
24. Tutors must wear the customized t-shirt only as instructed by the academy.
25. All exercise given to pupils must be marked thoroughly, corrections made and date clearly written by the pupil.
26. Lessons hold on Public holidays except for Christmas, Boxing Day, New Year Day and Barka De Sallah.
27. Tutors are not permitted to render independent service to any Greenzone Academy’s Client (neighbors and close relatives included) even after 24months of termination of appointment.
28. Disciplinary actions shall be taken against contract staff in the form of
29. All tutors are expected to adhere strictly to the following:
written queries which must be replied within 24hours of receiving such (via e-mail)
and / or suspension
and / or termination without notice.
Confidence: Tutors should encourage children to be independent and confident in their abilities.
Creativity: All tutors must encourage creativity.
Excellence: Work must be done at optimal standard at all times, all exercises marked and corrections done promptly. Punctuality and timeliness is key
30. There would be target setting and performance evaluation every month. The continual referral of clients would be based on the outcome of the exercise. Tutors who fail to meet set target at the end of the session will have their employment terminated.
This terms and condition of service was reviewed in 2019. It would however be used for staff throughout their employment period except where otherwise reviewed by management.